For those who work outdoors—or even those who jog or walk dogs—staying warm and comfortable during the winter means having a well-made hat that’ll ward off the chill. Winter hats come in various styles and designs, and the best winter hats focus on keeping the wearer toasty warm while also offering an aesthetic appeal.
The face, ears, and head are sensitive to cold temps, but not all hats thoroughly protect these areas. Depending on how long the wearer is outdoors and whether it’s windy or the air is humid, some hats will be more effective than others. While the best winter hats will vary from user to user and from situation to situation, finding the right one shouldn’t be difficult. Ahead, learn what to look for when shopping for a winter hat, and find out why the following hats are good options for a wide range of users.
- BEST OVERALL:Minus33 Merino Wool Ridge Cuff Wool Beanie
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK:Tough Headwear Knit Beanie for Men and Women
- UPGRADE PICK:Carhartt Men’s Acrylic Watch Hat A18
- BEST HAT AND SCARF SET:Aisprts Winter Beanie Hat Scarf Set
- BEST FAUX FUR:Janey&Rubbins Unisex Winter Knit Trapper Aviator Hat
- 最好的Chunky Knit：Frtalk针织豆豆帽子
- 最好的冬季帽子：Stormy Kromer原始Kromer帽
- 最好的马尾辫：C.C BeanieTail Soft Stretch Cable Knit Ponytail Hat
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Winter Hats
When it comes to the best winter hats, it’s often a case of one-size-fits-all because the material used to construct many warm hats is stretchy and will adapt to various head sizes. A good-quality winter hat should keep the wearer’s head warm and offer protection for the ears, neck, and face if the weather is especially frigid.
Winter hats should be soft and comfortable, and the fabric should also help retain body heat without causing sweating. The following common winter hat materials all have their benefits as well as best uses. Thick yarn is a staple in many winter hats because it allows for stretch and offers a thicker, insulating effect.
- Cotton:Cotton, which is an all-natural fiber, is lightweight and breathes, wicking moisture away from the wearer’s head. Cotton is often used in winter hat liners or in combination with other fibers to increase its warmth-retention ability. For those who like layering headwear, a thin cotton beanie worn under a thicker knitted hat adds comfort. A plain cotton winter hat may be all that’s necessary, however, in a draft-free workshop—especially if there’s a小型供暖器in use to help take the edge off the chill. Most cotton hats are washable.
- Felt:用于制作帽子的零售和真正的材料（思考牛仔帽和女孩侦察豆），毛毡材料更常用于时尚的冬季帽子，而不是严格的温暖。毛毡是通过将纤维压在一起而不是编织它们来制造。对于办公室通勤，毡帽在提供风格的同时提供一些保护。然而，不要在洗衣机中抛出毡帽 - 通常需要干净的清洁剂。
- Wool:Another natural product, wool comes from the hair or fur of animals, including sheep, goats, and rabbits, among others. The natural protein present in real wool provides warmth and insulation, making it a top choice for warm winter wear, including hats. Wool is often combined with other fibers to add a silky feel and elasticity. Wool hats usually require dry-cleaning.
- Down:Winter hats made from down are among the warmest around. The feathers found on the back and sides of a goose are tough and too rigid for use as fill in a hat, but down—the softer, smaller feathers from the bird’s underside—is just right. Down hats often feature a nylon-blend fabric in a tight weave to keep the downy feathers from poking through. Down makes for some of the warmest hats around and is a top option for those who live and work in northern climes. Some down hats are washable—just make sure to dry them thoroughly to keep mildew from forming.
- 毛皮：Real animal fur, such as rabbit, mink, or even cowhide, all offer warmth but tend to result in trapping sweat next to the head and neck. Faux fur, made from a combination of fibers, looks and feels like the real thing but usually breathes better and is easier to clean. Real fur hats require professional cleaning.
Not all hat types keep their wearer warm—some styles are much better suited to the task. For the warmest results on chilly days, pair a warm winter hat with a pair of insulatedwork gloves，考虑保持一个rechargeable hand warmerin a coat pocket, and if it’s bitterly cold outdoors, try wearing a加热背心for added warmth.
- Beanies:The common name for a dome-shaped hat that fits the head, beanie is the correct name for many winter hats. Depending on the material’s thickness, a beanie might cover just the top of the head, or the wearer might be able to pull it down over the ears and the back of the neck for added warmth.
- Trapper/Aviator:Among the best hat styles for those who work or spend a lot of time in the cold, a trapper or aviator hat is a top pick. It features a fur- or faux-fur lined interior, with extended flaps that cover the ears and (usually) a strap that connects the flaps beneath the chin. The hat’s exterior may feature a variety of fabrics, including denim, leather, or nylon.
- Ponytail:Well suited for anyone with hair long enough to gather in a ponytail, these hats allow the user to pull a ponytail through a hole in the back rather than having the hair pressed flat along the neck, which can be itchy and uncomfortable.
- Reversible:Some knitted hats feature one color or pattern on one side and another color or design on the other side, making it handy to turn the hat inside out for a whole new look.
- Lining:一个单独的衬里作为第二织物层help retain body heat or wick away moisture to reduce sweating.
- Chunky knit:A favorite in knitted winter hats, chunky knit features thick, soft yarns used to create a warm and stretchy hat.
- Double knit:A type of knitting that creates a double layer of fabric for a thicker, denser hat.
- Crochet:A favorite of home crafters, a crocheted hat can have either a dense or a loose weave, depending on the type of stitches.
- Ribbed knit:Basic knitted fabric that features raised ribs for design appeal and added stretch.
- 电缆编织：Similar in look to a ribbed knit, cable knit is commonly found in winter hats, and it offers both added stretch and visual appeal.
- Jersey:Made from various fibers, including cotton, wool, or synthetic fibers, jersey is a knitted fabric that doesn’t stretch as much as other knits. It’s soft and warm and often found in hat linings.
For the warmth of wool in a lightweight, stylish beanie, check out the Minus33 Merino Wool Ridge Beanie. It features 100 percent super-soft merino wool (a natural fiber from Merino sheep) and pulls on easily. It also comes with a cuff that folds down for extra ear protection.
单尺寸适合 - 所有minus33豆豆都采用双针织面料，可延伸以适合任何成人尺寸的头部，它在不受限制的情况下保持紧贴地到位。帽子配有各种时尚色彩，适合男性和女性。Minus33拉杆豆鞋可以在洗衣机中洗涤并在干燥器中低温干燥。
A soft, warm winter hat need not cost a lot. The Tough Headwear Knit Beanie offers comfort and protection from the cold in a fashionable hat that fits most adult-size heads. Made from soft-knit acrylic, the hat stretches to fit the head without being too tight or slipping off. It comes with enough fabric to fold up in a cuff style or, alternately, pull down over the ears to block out chilly winds.
The Tough Headwear hat comes in a handful of colors that will complement both men’s and women’s winter outfits. The antistatic nature of the material won’t leave hair standing on end when the hat’s removed. In short, it’s a warm, comfortable hat at an affordable price.
Block cold air with a scrumptiously soft pull-on scarf that matches the Aisprts Winter Beanie Hat. Both the hat and the one-piece scarf feature thick acrylic knit with a lining of super-soft synthetic wool fleece for a warm and snuggly feel. This two-in-one winter hat and scarf set is trendy and fashionable, but more importantly, it’s very comfortable and warm.
Its stretch-to-fit size comfortably fits most men and women without being too loose or too tight. The outer knit features cable stitching and ribbing designs. Both the hat and the scarf are wrinkle resistant, and the fabric is breathable, so it won’t trap heat and cause sweating. The set is available in a few flattering colors.
得到没有戈因兔毛的外观和温暖g the real-fur route with the Janey&Rubbins Trapper Hat. This warm winter hat is lined with faux fur made from polyester and acrylic, and it features a cotton or leather exterior (depending on the style chosen). The hat comes in two sizes that fit most adult heads, both male and female. It pulls on over the head and comes with two elongated flaps that cover the ears, jaw, and chin and can be fastened together beneath the chin for extra wind-blocking action. The faux-fur lining is soft and comfortable against the skin.
For warmth and style, check out the FURTALK Knit in a chunky slouch style that complements both women and men. This two-layer winter hat features a top layer with a large-stitch cable-knit pattern and a thinner skullcap lining made of fleece that feels deliciously soft against the skin and adds a layer of wind protection. The hat comes in three unisex sizes, and it stretches to fit adult heads comfortably without binding. Choose from a variety of natural and earthy tones to match winter outfits. The FURTALK hat should be hand laundered and laid out flat to dry.
Those looking for a cap-style hat need look no further than the Stormy Kromer Cap that’s made from 100 percent cotton flannel in a style that’s sure to complement any winter outfit. This fashionable cap features a hinged, fold-down ear band that protects the ears from the cold wind when necessary and then folds back up and ties on the front—just above the bill—giving the cap a trendy Sherlock Holmes look. The Stormy Kromer Cap is available in a variety of patterns and styles—plaid figures predominantly—and because this is a fitted cap (not a stretchy hat), it comes in a range of sizes as well.
Those with long tresses can wear the C.C Soft Stretch Beanie that comes with holes in the back for a ponytail. No more flat hair or long hair pressed against the neck, where it can become itchy and uncomfortable. The C.C hat is made in a double-knit style with attractive ribbing stitches around the hat’s circumference.
The hat’s back features three holes, spaced one above the other to suit the wearer’s favorite ponytail height. The C.C hat accommodates thick or thin ponytails, and it even accommodates man-buns. It’s made from soft and stretchable 100 percent polyester and is well suited for walking, jogging, or other outdoor activities.
FAQs About Winter Hats
A winter hat should be warm and comfortable. If this is your first time shopping for winter hats, some questions about style and function are to be expected.
Q. Are all winter hats waterproof?
Q. Are all winter hats the same size?
Many winter hats will stretch to fit most adult heads. However, if the fabric isn’t stretchy, the hat likely comes in various sizes, and a measuring chart can help the buyer choose the correct size.
Q. What are the warmest beanies?
Beanies made from two or more thick fabric layers will help retain body heat and are the most efficient at keeping the wearer warm.
Q. Does wearing a hat cause hair thinning?