This cored stick incense gift set from Satya is an excellent pick for incense lovers or newbies because it includes such a variety of scents. With 12 scents included in the set, one can sample a wide range of popular incense aromas. The set includes the popular Nag Champa incense, excellent for sleep, relaxation, and purifying a space. It also comes with sunrise, romance, fortune, rain forest, celestial, super hit, jasmine blossom, midnight, sandalwood, patchouli forest, and blessings. Each package contains 15 grams of product, for a total of 180 grams.
The Best Incense for the Home
提高你的精神and your space with scented smoke.
BobVila.com and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.
Best OverallNag Champa Sunrise by Satya Gift SetCheck Latest Price
Runner-UpChakras Incense Sticks Variety SetCheck Latest Price
Best Bang for the BuckINONE Backflow Incense Burner WaterfallCheck Latest Price
Incense has been used in various cultures for thousands of years, going back as far as 3300 BCE. It has been used in religious ceremonies, asaromatherapy, as part of meditation practices, and to rid spaces of negative energy.
Incense is thought to increase focus, aid sleep, stimulate creativity, and improve mindfulness. It also works to combatunpleasant odors. Burning incense has a relaxing effect and has even been proven to be a natural antidepressant. Read on to learn more about the types of incense and incense holders and how to choose the best incense for your home.
- BEST OVERALL:Nag Champa Sunrise by Satya Gift Set
- RUNNER-UP:Chakras Incense Sticks Variety Set
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK:INONE Backflow Incense Burner Waterfall
- BEST BUDDHA STATUE:MyGift Zen Garden Buddha Statue with Incense Holder
- BEST DESIGN:YYW OUYEE Lotus Incense Burner with 10 Incense Cones
- ALSO CONSIDER:Corciosy Ceramic Decorative Lotus Incense Burner
What to Consider When Buying the Best Incense
The following sections detail some important factors to keep in mind when shopping for the best incense for your needs.
Natural vs. Synthetic Scents
历史lly, incense is made from a combination of plant materials and essential oils. Today, 100 percent natural incense is difficult to find. The majority of products are made with synthetic materials or a combination of synthetic and natural materials. Those looking for the purest and healthiest option should get natural incense—or learn how to make it themselves.
虽然把香是最常见的,熏香来了in different forms.
- Stickincense is popular because it’s inexpensive yet effective. Since the sticks are uniform in diameter, they gradually release an even amount of fragrance. Stick incense must be placed in an incense holder.
- Coilincense is formed in a spiral and has a long burning time. It’s well suited for larger spaces or areas with a lot of ventilation. It often comes with a stand.
- Coneincense comes in a solid form and simply needs to be placed on a ceramic plate or another heat-resistant holder. It is lit at the top, and the fragrance emitted increases with the burn time because of its shape.
- Sachetincense doesn’t need to be burned or heated. It can be placed in a drawer or your car for a long-lasting aroma.
There are also several types of incense holders, also known as censers.
- Ash catchersare used for incense sticks. They are sometimes called incense boats and can be made from wood, metal, or ceramic.
- Waterfall censersare typically made from ceramic and are compatible with stick or cone types of incense. When used with cones, the smoke cascades down for a soothing visual effect.
- Themedincense holders come in different shapes and frequently feature Buddhas, Zen gardens, and lotuses. They’re often ceramic, making them compatible with cored or solid incense sticks.
Cored vs. Solid
Stick incense can be either cored or solid.
- Coredincense consists of incense wrapped around a thin wooden stick, typically bamboo. The resulting aroma includes the scent of the burning wood and the scent of the incense.
- Solidstick incense has no core and consists solely of incense material. The smell is purer because there is no burning-wood aroma. Stick incense has a subtle scent well suited to small spaces. Solid incense should be burned in a bowl of sand or rice rather than in a wooden holder because it burns all the way to the bottom.
Stick and cone incense generally burn from 30 to 90 minutes. For stick incense, the stick length dictates its burn time. Solid sticks can also be cut in half for shorter burn times. Coils tend to have a long burn time and can be active for hours.
Our Top Picks
Now that you know more about incense, it’s time to start shopping. The following recommendations consider all the features above, including type, material, and burning time. See some of the best incense to suit your needs and budget.
This set from Chakras Incense includes seven varieties of cored stick incense made with natural bamboo and essential oils. Each comes with 20 11-inch sticks, each of which contains 35 grams of product and burns for 60 minutes. This “root to crown” set offers incense for each of the body’s chakras (energy points). The various scents include patchouli, jasmine, ylang ylang, bergamot, sandalwood, rose, frankincense, peppermint, sage, and lotus. This set also includes a wooden incense burner, making this a great pick for someone with a new interest in incense.
This set includes 150 incense cones as well as a waterfall-style incense holder and various accessories. The incense smoke cascades down the holder, providing a calming effect when paired with the aromas. The cones come in five scents: rose, lily, lavender, ambergris, and osmanthus. Each cone is made up of natural spices and wood flour. The set also includes a mat to protect your furniture and tweezers for removing the incense cones. The holder measures 8 inches tall by 4.5 inches wide. The manufacturer recommends using the incense burner away from direct airflow sources like fans and air-conditioning units.
This incense and tealight candle holder aims to bring a calming atmosphere to your home. It features a miniature resin Buddha statue as well as a Zen garden with polished stones in assorted sizes. The actual incense holder looks like a jardiniere, so it blends in with the rest of the garden. The polished black base is streamlined and stylish. The approximate dimensions are 10 inches by 3.5 inches by 3.75 inches. Incense is not included in the kit.
This waterfall incense burner features a Buddhist monk’s robe-draped hands and a lotus flower and is designed to allow the smoke to flow down the statue. The ceramic holder is compatible with both incense cones and sticks, making it a versatile pick. The set includes 10 incense cones with a dedicated box to get you started without having to buy a separate pack. The statue looks like a little piece of tabletop art, measuring 6.49 inches by 3.07 inches by 8.3 inches.
This incense holder is handmade from Chinese high-fired ceramic. It features a beautiful lotus flower with a hole for inserting an incense stick. The ashes from the cored or solid incense fall into the surrounding tray, which is shaped like a leaf. When you’re not burning incense, this holder looks like a decorative tray. It comes in cerulean blue or leaf green and measures 5.5 by 5.4 by 2 inches.
Tips for Burning Incense
Because incense is a fire hazard, it’s important to be mindful of the best safety practices.
- Use an incense burner or stand on a heat-resistant surface.
- Ensure your incense is not placed near flammable materials like curtains or tablecloths.
- Don’t leave burning incense unattended.
- Keep incense out of the reach of children.
FAQs About Your New Incense
Here are some answers to commonly asked questions about incense.
Q. What are the benefits of burning incense?
烧香不仅打击unwanted odorsbut also has a calming effect. Depending on the ingredients used, some incense has been proven to act as a natural antidepressant.
Q. Which incense scent is good for positive energy?
Both cedar and sage are thought to draw out positive energy.
Q. Which incense is best for cleansing?
Frankincense, rosemary, sage, and sandalwood are known for their cleansing abilities.