在汽车展上有一种完美抛光的汽车或卡车，有一些引人注目的东西。光线击中车辆曲线的方式，在玻璃的反射, and the look of a beautiful皮革内饰are all breathtaking. Here’s the secret: Those car owners aren’t paying professionals. They’re polishing their cars themselves.
To get that level of finish, nothing can replace the best car wax. These quality products leave a shiny finish that protects the clear coat and the paint underneath. They help shed water and even rejuvenate an old finish. Keep reading to learn more about choosing and using these products at home.
- 总体上最好：CAR GUYS Hybrid Wax – Advanced Car Wax
- 巴克最好的爆炸：Turtle Wax T-223 Super Hard Shell Paste Wax
- BEST CERAMIC:Ethos陶瓷蜡Pro - 航空涂层保护
- BEST LIQUID:Meguiar’s G18220 Ultimate Liquid Wax
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Car Wax
Whether it’s to protect a car’s finish for resale value or longevity, or to simply add a great-looking finish to your pride and joy, the best car wax can help. But there are quite a few points to keep in mind when considering which one to purchase. The following section will highlight those important considerations in the name of smart shopping.
Car waxes continue to protect the vehicle after application, unlike a product like an室内装潢清洁剂只需删除污垢和污垢。就像市场上的各种车辆一样，有许多类型的汽车蜡可用。每个都有它的优势，所以熟悉每种类型。
- Carnauba waxcomes from the leaves of a palm tree native to Brazil. During processing, manufacturers mix it with beeswax and turpentine to create the high-quality product that so many car show participants rely on. Carnauba wax seems to soak into the surface of the paint, protecting from within. Although the finish doesn’t last incredibly long (6 to 8 weeks, usually), the shine and water-repellency are top-notch.
- Synthetic waxes(or paint sealants) are a less natural approach to car wax. These waxes use tens of thousands of polymers to create a hard, protective shell on the outside of the paint. Because they don’t need to soak into the surface of the car, they’re easier to apply. Each application can last between 4 and 6 months.
- Ceramic wax是一种合成蜡，具有陶瓷聚合物，其具有液体形式。它比合成蜡在车辆上造成更加难的壳，并且具有更长的寿命。
- Specialty waxesexist as well. Cleaner waxes can help remove imperfections in the paint and restore the color of a faded surface. There are also waxes made specifically for certain colors, though they’re no more effective than a typical wax as all modern vehicles have clear coats over the paint.
Would-be detailers can also buy wax in different forms, with varying styles of application.
- Paste waxis a solid form of wax that users apply with a buffing pad. These waxes usually come in shallow jars, and while they’re the least messy option, they’re also the most difficult to apply.
- Liquid waxcomes out of a squeeze bottle and has the consistency of hand lotion. These waxes are typically synthetic-based, even if they contain carnauba. They’re straightforward to apply but can get a bit messy.
Keep in mind that no matter the form of wax, it will need buffing after it cures, so no one product is better for hard-to-reach places than another.
If you’d prefer a shinier, perpetually wet look, there are products available that can deliver the goods. These car waxes typically come in a carnauba paste wax or a liquid bottle, and they leave behind a glossier, shinier finish.
Just beware that glossier finishes don’t necessarily indicate better protection, and frequent reapplication might be necessary to maintain that level of shine.
High-quality synthetic car waxes account for these environmental factors and use formulas specifically designed to minimize their effects. Manufacturers will use specific combinations of polymers, ceramic coatings, and more to offer as long-lasting a coat as possible. Carnauba, as a natural product, doesn’t provide as much protection, though mixing it with these polymers to create a hybrid formula can be effective.
Application is an entirely different consideration that needs some thought. For those who don’t want to devote an afternoon to waxing a car, a spray wax is by far the fastest way to protect the vehicle’s surface. With the help of a超细纤维布，用户可以快速喷洒并擦拭表面，让它们在几分钟内完成整个车辆。
Paste wax is the least messy to deal with, but the process of applying it does take a bit longer. Users will need to rub anapplication pad或蜡上的微纤维布，产生一点摩擦和热量，然后将其施加到车辆的表面上。像液体蜡一样，糊状蜡必须在用清洁的抛光垫，微纤维布或电动缓冲液中抛光之前设置到雾霾。在寒冷的日子里，将蜡浸入涂料中可能很难浸入油漆中，但这蜡仍然是许多汽车爱好者的首选。
Our Top Picks
With that bit of background on choosing the best car wax, putting a shiny, protective coat on that special ride just got a little easier. To help streamline the shopping process even more, check out the following list of products. It consists of some of the best car waxes on the market, and there’s an option for just about any vehicle.
Car Guys Hybrid Wax Advanced Car Wax formula offers the deep, smooth shine of a carnauba wax with the durable, long-lasting protection of a synthetic wax, offering the best of both worlds. This spray wax product applies easily and leaves behind a show-car shine that protects the paint against the sun’s UV rays while offering a water repellent barrier.
When spraying, don’t worry about accidentally splashing the car’s windows or windshield: This wax is safe for any paint on cars, motorcycles, boats, and RVs, as well as plastic, glass, and anywhere else a detailer might accidentally hit. Once applied, it leaves a streak-free shine and a layer of protection that lasts for 3 to 6 months.
Home detailers with a few waxings to their name will recognize Turtle Wax’s Super Hard Shell Paste Wax. A favorite among vehicle owners, this inexpensive product offers a high water repellency and protects a vehicle’s finish for up to 12 months.
This blend of carnauba wax and silicone is easy to apply and creates a protective shell over the vehicle. Since it’s carnauba and silicone-based, it will work on any vehicle, RV, trailer, boat, and lots of other surfaces. Purchase includes an applicator pad for spreading the wax.
When it comes to finding a product based on natural ingredients, Mothers California Gold Brazilian Carnauba Wax might tick the box. This liquid product uses pure carnauba wax mixed with polymers that allow the user to apply it easily. The heat-resistant formula gives it a longer lifespan than most carnauba waxes in direct sunlight.
In addition to protecting vehicles against sun, rain, and salt for up to 12 months, this product is easy to apply with a foam application pad, and it buffs easily with a microfiber cloth.
For those looking for a convenient, high-quality liquid wax, Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax is worth some serious consideration. This liquid formula squeezes onto a foam applicator, spreads across a glossy paint or clear coat, and buffs off easily. The fully synthetic formula increases the surface tension of the paint, creating a highly water-repellent surface.
Although this synthetic wax is safe on all glossy paints and clear coats, it isn’t ideal for flat or matte surfaces. Users can apply it by hand or use an electric buffer to speed up the process. The finish and protectant will last for up to 6 months.
FAQs About Car Waxes
Even with that extensive primer on the best car wax, there might be some new questions popping up that need to be answered. This section aims to help, as it’s a collection of some of the most frequently asked questions about car waxes.
Q. What is the difference between car polish and wax?
Car polishes use small abrasives in the formula to remove scratches and swirl marks. Car waxes seal that surface and protect it against rain, snow, salt, sun, and other environmental hazards.
Q. What should be done first—polishing or waxing?
If the vehicle needs both polishing and waxing, start with the polishing step first. This allows the surface to be corrected before sealing it with wax.
Q. Is liquid or paste car wax better?
Liquid wax is easy to apply, but it can be messy. Paste wax can be difficult to apply, but it’s far less messy with which to work. For pros used to working with liquid waxes regularly, liquid wax is fine. Vehicle owners waxing their vehicles for the first time should consider starting out with a paste wax.
Q. How often should a car be waxed?
Q. How long do car waxes last?
液体和膏蜡可以持续1年,6 months being about the average. Spray waxes can usually protect a surface for up to 3 months.